This is a list of new features planned for the upcoming MATE Desktop 1.6 release. The list doesnt contain all the removed deprecated packages replaced with new technologies in glib/gio.
Caja (file manager): Added support for new freedesktop.org File Manager DBus Interface.
Atril (document viewer): Added backend for XPS files.
Panel: Added –run-dialog option to open the run dialog.
Panel (windows list applet): You can use middle click button to close windows.
Control center (Windows applet): Added option to enable compositing manager and fast alt-tab.
Control center (Appearance applet): Set gconf/gsettings metacity theme if metacity or compiz are running.
Control center (Network applet): Use same GNOME proxy settings in gsettings-desktop-schemas.
Marco (window manager): Added option to open new windows on the center of the screen.
Calc: Added buttons to support inverse trig functions.
Notification daemon: Added option to show notifications only on one screen.
Themes: Added GTK3 support for most themes.
Settings daemon: Added support for mpris2 dbus interface for media keys.
Session manager: Added initial support for systemd-logind to shutdown and reboot without ConsoleKit.
Open terminal caja extension: Allow to opening a remote terminal on sftp mounts.
I would like to thank all people involved in the development and debug in the past months, and of course everyone that uses MATE.
Here a short list of changes currently implemented in Caja 1.3:
- Restore toggle button for button and text-based location bar
- Add the ability to open bookmarks in the places side pane via the enter and space keys
- Add diff button for text files in file conflict dialog
- Fix autocompletion for remote locations
- Makes the filename column expand to its maximum instead of shrinking to a hardcoded value
We ported two new plugins to Caja:
- caja-image-converter: extension to mass resize or rotate images
- caja-gksu: privilege granting extension using gksu
Both plugins are already packaged for Debian/Ubuntu in tridex repository.
Caja 1.1.0 has nice Undo/Redo feature, taken from nautilus-elementary.